A penny of my thoughts to be shared with U -- my fren =)

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."

Name:
Location: Singapore

A very goal oriented person. Know what I want to achieve in my life. Very into financial planning and want my friends to achieve financial freedom too while in the midst of pursuiting their happiness without any worries about money.



Wednesday, April 05, 2006

When is the last time U actually spend some quality time for Urself?

Today, I went to East Coast Park to have a cycle. It have been a long time that I did not do any cycling to an extent that I even forgot when was the last time I went ... ...

Seeing today is a good day with nice weather, I decided to go for a ride, to do some exercise.

It had been a good experience as the weather is very good with lots of sea breeze. There are sounds of sea waves breaking the shore, birds chirping around, doggies running around happily and sweet smell of the crisp tree leaves.


Since it was a 2 hour ride, I stopped at East Coast Lagoon Hawker Center to buy some curry puffs (I heard that the curry puffs there is good) and continue my journey to Bedok Jetty ...

This is the part where the experience is terrific. I found one seat and make myself comfortable. I took out my hot piping crispy curry puff, my chilling ice water and most importantly, my book! Hehehe. I started reading my book and enjoy my tea break at the same time. HHHmmmm .... taste so good ... Yummy, Yummy ... ... So I get to replenish my depleted energy and I also get to improve mentally with new knowledge ... ...
And I get to see those fishes swimming in the water enjoying themselves. *Reminds me of Walt Disney's Movie - The Little Mermaid. "Under the sea, under the sea, nobody eat us, nobody fry us as a cuisine"* Kinda cool to immerse myself in the natural surroundings with no hustling and bustling of city life. Also get to enjoy natural aircon which is much better than our artificial aircon in the office. What a heavenly feeling .... aaahhhhh ....

Then somebody broke the silence and serendity of the surrounding. One of the men was talking very loudly and jumping up and down? Y? cos he caught a big fish (To him it is big but it is not those big fishes that you see in the market). Kinda cute to see someone so happy about his catch. Good for him. You can see the zest in his eyes after that and he is so motivated to continue his fishing, hoping that he can catch something even better. His friends also shared his joy and zest that they also become more motivated to continue their fishing.

(That is what life is all about. We work so hard in order to get some returns for our effort. If our returns are more than what is expected, then we will be so delighted and motivated and put in more effort, hoping to achieve more. If we work so hard and our returns are very meager, then we lost the zest of working. Some of us may change job and some of us may become robots - work for the sake of salary and nothing else. That leads to each of us having different paths. So whether you want to achieve the returns you expected from your work or not or becoming a robot, the choice lies in your hands. So what is your choice?)

Shortly after, a loud 'ZZzzooommm' past by. I looked up and saw our big brother -- SIA -- bringing business to Singapore and boost our economy. So it's kinda of ironic, as here am I, relaxing myself and there is he - our dear Mr Pilot - working so hard to make sure that he drove the plane safely to Singapore and bring business to our country.

(We trade our skills for salary to survive but we sacrifice our time. Due to the fast pace of the society, there will be a lot of time where we actually spend much more time in our work than what is stated in the contract for our working hours. So much so that sometimes we will find that we are underpaid.
And also due to the increase of our standard of living, we are expecting more and demand more material things to satisfy our ongoing requests for more wants. With higher demands, we work even harder and harder so as to earn more OT pay or even have a promotion with higher salary. So we actually stuck in this rat race, keep working very hard with higher salary and buy more material things. Yet we actually sacrifice our time for spending some good quality time for ourselves to do what we want do.

Here am I spending some time for myself and yet the economy still continues to move, continues to grow, and our dear Mr Pilot is still working very hard now, when I am typing this. Hehehe. So it takes everybody's effort to grow the economy but it does not takes everybody's effort to continuously 24 hours everyday to grow the economy. When the economy grows, you get to benefit from it. But if you did not maintain your well-being, the society or economy will not stop for you, it will still continue what it suppose to do. So at the end, it is U, ONLY U who will suffer.)

Good time always pass so fast, two hours is up and my ride is over. But good time is not over yet. As now is shopping time!!! I walked to parkway parade to shop around. Not forgetting that there is a pet shop in the neighborhood. Time to go and see my dear dear friends --- doggies, kitties, fishes, bunnies, hamsters .... Wow .... So many friends .... So happy!!!!
So? When is the last time U actually spend some quality time for Urself? (This is especially important to those who always work OT. Does it worth it? The extra time you spend at work = the OT pay or job satisfaction you get?) Hhhmmm ... ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home